1. Easy Curry Carrot Slaw With Smoky Maple Tempeh
This recipe has the perfect combination of spicy and savory flavors. Recipe
Easy Carrot Slaw with Smoky Maple Tempeh Triangles
Bold, crunchy tahini and curry dressed carrot slaw meets sticky-sweet smoky-maple glazed tempeh triangles for a vegan meal you will come to crave.
- 8 ounces tempeh, sliced into triangles
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup, grade B
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- 2-3 tsp tamari or 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp crushed raw walnuts
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (for added turmeric power, optional)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- sweet stuff: 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup + an optional handful or raisins
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped + some for garnish
- a few pinches of cayenne for heat (optional)
- salt and pepper for carrot salad – to taste
- Warm a skillet up over high heat and add in the coconut or olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add the tempeh triangles, tamari, maple and liquid smoke. Flip the tempeh around a bit to allow it to absorb the liquid. Cook for about 5 minutes, flipping the tempeh a few times throughout the cooking process. When tempeh is browned and edges blackened a bit, and all liquid absorbed, turn off heat. Sprinkle the walnut pieces and some black pepper over top the tempeh and set pan aside to keep triangles warm in skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the carrots, tahini, lemon juice, spices, parsley, maple syrup, optional raisins and onion. Toss very well for a few minutes to marinate the carrots with the dressing. For a creamier salad, add another spoonful of tahini. To thin things out and make the salad zestier, add another splash of lemon juice or a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Finally, add salt and pepper to the carrot salad to taste.
- Pour the carrot salad in a large serving bowl and top with the tempeh. Serve right away or place in the fridge to serve in a few hours or up to a day later. The carrots will soften the longer they set in the fridge.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
- Calories: 263
- Fat: 12.8g
- Protein: 14g
- Dietaryfiber: 4.2g
- Totalcarbs: 27g
2. Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese
Yes, low-carb food can actually taste this good. Recipe here.
Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese
Makes 2 grilled cheese sandwiches
Cauliflower crust “bread” slices
1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (should yield 3 cups of cauliflower rice)
1 free-range organic egg, lightly beaten
½ cup / 1.7 oz / 50 gr shredded mozzarella cheese
½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
⅓ cup / 3 oz / 85 gr sharp cheddar cheese, grated/shredded, room temperature
Cauliflower crust “bread” slices
Preheat oven to 450°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and liberally grease it with olive oil. Set aside.
In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets (it should be evenly chopped but not completely pulverized).
Transfer cauliflower rice (about 3 cups) to a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 8 minutes, until cooked.
Place the cauliflower rice in a tea towel and twist it to squeeze as much moisture as you can (I usually squeeze out over a cup of liquid). This is very important. The cauliflower rice needs to be dry, otherwise you’ll end up with mushy dough, impossible to use as slices of bread.
Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add egg, mozzarella, salt, pepper and mix well.
Spread cauliflower mixture onto the lined baking sheet and shape into 4 squares.
Place in the oven and bake for about 16 minutes until golden.
Remove and let cool 10 minutes before peeling them off the parchment paper (be careful not to break them!)
Assemble cauliflower crust grilled cheese
Heat a pan over medium heat.
Butter one side of each slice of cauliflower crust bread (preferably the top part).
Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, sprinkle with the cheese and top with the remaining slice of cauliflower crust bread, buttered side up.
Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes.
Gently flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2 to 4 minutes.
One grilled cheese yields 374 calories, 29 grams of fat, 8 grams of carbs and 23 grams of protein.
3. Avocado and Egg Spaghetti Squash Boats
With only five ingredients, this recipe is literally a no-brainer. Recipe here.
Egg and Avocado Spaghetti Squash Boats Recipe
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 4 tbsp salsa, divided
- 1 avocado, chopped & divided
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp low sodium ketchup, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop the seeds out. Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool until safe to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Using a fork, separate spaghetti squash into strands leaving them inside the shells. Add 2 tbsp of salsa to each half and mix gently with a fork. Top with 1/2 avocado and break 1 egg on top of each shell. If you like runny egg yolk, do not make a well in the middle of the squash and break the egg on top. For a fully baked egg, sink it more into squash. Bake for 20 – 22 minutes or until the egg whites appear to be set. Serve hot drizzled with ketchup.Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 1 day.
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving = 1/2 spaghetti squash:
Total Fat: 16.1 g
Cholesterol: 215.0 mg
Sodium: 485.2 mg
Total Carbs: 25.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
Protein: 8.5 g
WW Points+: 7
4. Mini Cauliflower Pizza With Greek Yogurt Pesto
This pizza may be low-carb, but it’s still ridiculously good. Recipe here.
INGREDIENTSFor the cauliflower crust:
- 12 Cups Cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 medium heads or 3 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/3 Cup + 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated and divided (about 3.5 oz)
- 2 Large egg whitesFor the Greek yogurt basil sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Plain, Non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup firmly packed Fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt/pepper to tasteFor topping:
- 1 Small zucchini, sliced
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick *
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Fresh basil, for garnish
5. Charred Broccoli– and Tofu-Stuffed Avocados
These stuffed avocado holes are crazy healthy. Recipe here.
charred broccoli + tofu stuffed avocados with sweet curry lemon sauce
notes: Some cooked grain in this mix would be yummy if you’ve got some around. Also, swapping tempeh for tofu could be delicious. If you don’t want to bother with making the sauce, I think some super classic/classy barbecue sauce would be so, so proper.
charred broccoli, tofu + avocados:
1/4 cup olive oil + extra
1 tbsp dijon or grainy mustard
1 clove of garlic, peeled + sliced (optional!)
2 tbsp chopped chives + blossoms if you’ve got ’em
big pinch chili flakes
5-6 sprigs of thyme, leaves rough chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice + zest
salt + pepper to taste
ground cumin to taste
1 package of extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 stalks of broccoli, stems removed
3 firm, but ripe avocados
1-2 barely ripe apricots
sweet curry lemon sauce:
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 strip of lemon zest
1/2 tbsp dijon OR grainy mustard
1-2 tbsp maple syrup OR agave nectar
1/4 cup diced red onion
fat pinch of mild curry powder
small pinch of ground cumin
splash of filtered water (more or less depending on desired consistency)
salt + pepper
1/2 tsp tamari soy sauce
3 tbsp-1/4 cup olive oil
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, garlic, chives, chili flakes, thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper and cumin. Set aside.
Lay the tofu slices in a large dish and cut the broccoli into florets. Add the broccoli to the dish with the tofu slices. Pour the marinade mix over the tofu and broccoli. Cover and refrigerate, allowing to marinate for at least 1/2 and hour.
While the tofu and broccoli is marinating, make the sweet lemon curry sauce. Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, maple syrup, red onion, curry powder, cumin powder, water, salt, pepper, tamari, and oil in a blender and blend on high until you have a completely smooth mixture. Check the sauce for seasoning and place in the fridge while you grill
Preheat your grill to high. Cut the avocados in half, and remove all pits. brush the exposed surfaces with oil and season with salt + pepper. Set aside.
Start laying the tofu and broccoli on the grill. Cook until char marks appear on all surfaces, carefully flipping pieces of tofu and broccoli over here and there for even cooking. Remove all tofu and broccoli once it’s sufficiently cooked/charred. Place avocado halves on the grill and cook until char marks appear. Remove and place on a serving platter.
Chop up the tofu and broccoli into small pieces and toss together in a medium bowl. Dice up the apricots and add to the bowl as well. Toss with some more chopped chives or chive flowers if you want and spoon into the grilled avocado halves. Finish with drizzles of the sweet lemon curry sauce.
6. Crock-Pot Cauliflower and Cheese
These cauliflower nuggets absorb all the cheesy goodness. Recipe here.
Tender and cheesy cauliflower is a cinch to make in a crock pot.Recipe type: Side DishServes: 6Ingredients
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can condensed cheddar soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddarInstructions
- Grease the inside of a 3 to 4-quart crock pot.
- Place cauliflower florets in crock pot.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for 3 to 3½ hours, depending on how tender you want the cauliflower.
7. Mozzarella Artichoke Spaghetti Squash
This low-carb veggie dish is so epic, you might never want real pasta again. Recipe
A healthier way to serve a favorite dip, this spaghetti squash is combined with spinach, artichokes, and a creamy cheese sauce.Serves: 4 servingsIngredients
- 1 spaghetti squash, seeded
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 3 ounces less fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup grated parmesan, divided
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1¼ cups canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsleyInstructions
- Place the spaghetti squash in a microwave safe dish, cut side up. Pour about half an inch of water in the dish, then cover with plastic wrap and microwave until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly, then with a fork, scrape up the strings from the squash.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add in the sour cream, cream cheese and half of the parmesan cheese and stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts and cook until the spinach has wilted. Pour half of the mixture into each spaghetti squash half and gently pull up on the spaghetti squash strings to combine with the sauce as much as possible. Top with the shredded mozzarella and the remaining parmesan. Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired, and serve hot.
8. Chopped Thai Salad with Coconut-Curry Dressing
This brilliant salad will leave you feeling totally satisfied. Recipe
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of a lime
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
9. Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks
CHEESY BREADSTICKS… Need we say more? Recipe here.
- 4 cups of riced cauliflower (about 1 large head of cauliflower)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I used a Tex Mex blend because that’s all I had)
- 3 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese (for topping)
10. The Great Big Vegan Salad
This is one large, hearty veggie bowl. Recipe here.
I made all the ingredients over the weekend and kept in individual containers in the fridge. During the week, I added a handful here and there to create this big bowl of beauty. With enough fiber and protein to keep me satisfied for hours, I am declaring this the salad that even salad haters will love.
So go on, make all the layers or just a few but please promise me you will make this. Soon.
Below you will find the quick ingredient and how-to list for creating 4-5 giant salad bowls. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and make the lentils, zucchini and mushrooms first. While those are cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Herbed Lentils: Cook 1 cup lentils, drain off any excess water. Toss lentils with 1 tsp. olive oil and 1/4 cup of whatever herbs you have lying around: chives, parsley, mint, basil.
Marinated Mushrooms: Clean and thinly slice 8 oz. button mushrooms. Whisk together 1 tbsp. soy sauce, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, 1 garlic clove grated and 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth. Layer mushrooms in a baking dish and pour marinade on top. Bake for 15- 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven until roasted and slightly crispy.
Roasted Zucchini: Thinly slice 3 zucchini into 1/2 moons. Toss with 1 tsp. oil and pinch salt/pepper. Arrange in a single file on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Tempeh Bacon: Very thinly slice an 8oz. package of tempeh. Whisk together 2 tbsp. maple syrup, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp. soy sauce, pinch freshly ground black pepper. Place temepeh in a shallow bowl and cover with marinade. Let soak for at least 15 minutes. To fry, place tempeh slices in a hot skillet and let cook 1-3 minutes per side until brown and crispy. Cook longer for crispier tempeh.
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing: 1/2 cup mayo or dairy-free mayo, 1/4 cup soymilk, handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped, 1 tsp. dried dill, 1 tsp. garlic power, fresh ground pepper. Mix all ingredients together.
Other ingredients: 1 large ripe avocado, 1 pint cherry tomatoes, 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped.
To assemble, layer 1/2 head of romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Top with 1/3 cup lentils, 1/4 avocado, chopped, 1/3 cup mushrooms, 1/3-1/2 cup cooked zucchini, 2 oz. tempeh bacon, 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
And there you have it. 5 servings of vegetables, 23g of fiber, 30g of protein. Done.
11. The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup
The more cheese, the merrier. Recipe here.
1 tablespoon + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 small/medium sweet yellow onion, diced small
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced finely
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock (chicken stock may be substituted)
2 cups fat-free half-and-half (regular half-and-half may be substituted; whole milk or 2% milk will work but soup won’t be as creamy)
2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, diced into bite-size pieces + 1 cups stems, optional (I used 3 cups florets and 1 cup stems as not to waste them)
2 large carrots, trimmed, peeled, and sliced into very thin rounds, about 1/16th-inch
3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika, optional and to taste
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder, optional and to taste
pinch cayenne pepper, optional and to taste (doesn’t make soup spicy and serves to enhance flavor)
8 ounces grated high quality extra-sharp cheddar cheese, with a small amount reserved for garnishing bowls
12. Crispy Peanut Tofu Stir-Fry With Cauliflower Rice
Sesame-peanut sauce brings this tofu recipe to a whole ‘nother level. Recipe here.
CRISPY PEANUT TOFU & CAULIFLOWER RICE STIR FRYPrep timeCook timeTotal timeCrispy tofu that’s baked not fried and tossed in a 5-ingredient peanut glaze! Serve over cauliflower rice with sautéed veggies for a completely plant-based meal that’s entirely vegan + gluten free!Author: Minimalist BakerRecipe type: EntreeCuisine: Vegan, AsianServes: 2IngredientsSTIRFRY
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, organic & non-GMO if possible*
- 1 Tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, mincedSAUCE
- 1.5 Tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (gluten free for GF eaters)
- 3.5 – 4 Tbsp light brown sugar (or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2.5 Tbsp peanut butter or almond butter (natural, salted)OPTIONAL EXTRAS
- Veggies (baby bok choy, green onion, red pepper, broccoli)
- Toppings: Fresh lime juice, cilantro, srirachaInstructions
- Begin by draining tofu 1.5 hours before you want your meal ready. If your block of tofu is larger than 12 ounces, trim it down. You don’t need a full pound for this recipe (see notes).
- Roll tofu in an absorbent towel several times and then place something heavy on top to press. I use a pot on top of a cutting board and sometimes add something to the pot to add more weight. Do this for 15 minutes.
- Near the end of draining, preheat oven to 400 degrees F and cube tofu. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes to dry/firm the tofu. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool.
- Prepare sauce by whisking together ingredients until combined. Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I often add a little more sweetener and peanut butter.
- Add cooled tofu to the sauce and stir to coat. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes to saturate the tofu and infuse the flavor.
- In the meantime, shred your cauliflower into rice by using a large grater or food processor. You don’t want it too fine, just somewhat close to the texture of rice. Set aside. Mince garlic if you haven’t already done so, and prepare any veggies you want to add to the dish (optional).
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat (6 out of 10), and if adding any veggies to your dish, cook them now in a bit of sesame oil and a dash of soy sauce. Remove from pan and set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Use a slotted spoon to spoon tofu into the preheated pan. Add a few spoonfuls of the sauce to coat. Cook, stirring frequently for a few minutes until browned. It will stick to the pan a bit, so don’t worry. Remove from pan and set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Rinse your pan under very hot water water and scrape away any residue. Place back on oven.
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to the pan, then add garlic and cauliflower rice and stir. Put cover on to steam the “rice.” Cook for about 5-8 minutes until slightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Then add a few spoonfuls of sauce to season and stir.
- Place cauliflower rice and top with veggies and tofu. Serve with any leftover sauce. Leftovers reheat well and will keep covered in the fridge for up to a couple days.Notes*My block of tofu was 16 ounces, so I removed a small amount because 1 pound is too much for this recipe. Adjust the amount of tofu and sauce for the amount of people you’re serving.
*Tofu method adapted from my Tofu That Tastes Good Stir Fry
Nutrition InformationServing size: 1/2 of recipe Calories: 524 Fat: 34 g Saturated fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 38.5 g Sugar: 24.7 gSodium: 1400 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 24.5 g
13. Baked Eggs Skillet With Avocado and Spicy Tomatoes
This dish is simple to make with almost zero preparation. Recipe here.
1 can (10 oz.) Ro-Tel tomatoes (I used Original Ro-Tel, which was plenty spicy for me!)
1 ripe avocado, sliced lengthwise into 10 slices
Vege-Sal and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
14. Cauliflower-Crust Lasagna
Cauliflower noodles are used instead of pasta, and it’s miraculous. Recipe here.
4 cups / 24.6 oz / 700 gr Bolognese sauce
1 ½ cups / 7 oz / 200 gr grated Parmesan cheese*
Cauliflower noodles3 cups cauliflower rice, packed
½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Cauliflower bechamel sauce¾ cup / 180 ml milk (your choice of milk)2 cups / 7 oz / 200 gr cauliflower florets
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
A pinch of ground black pepper
3 free-range organic eggs
15. Pumpkin Seed-Crusted Tofu with Poached Eggs
Pumpkin seeds are salty, crunchy, and perfect as a low-carb crust for these tofu steaks. Recipe here.
Pumpkin-Seed-Crusted Tofu With Lemongrass Broth, Rice Noodles, And Poached Eggs
RADISHES AND TOFU
- 30 small radishes, trimmed, quartered
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 12- to 14-ounce packages firm or extra-firm tofu (preferably organic), each cut crosswise into 8 rectangles
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds*
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Vegetable oil (for deep-frying) noodles, garnishes, and eggs
NOODLES, GARNISHES, AND EGGS
- 1 8-ounce box 1/4-inch-wide dried rice noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 large eggs
- Lemongrass Broth
- 1 1/4 pounds baby bok choy, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide ribbons
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
16. Stuffed Zucchini With Goat Cheese and Marinara
These stuffed boats are great as a snack, side, or meal. Recipe here.
- 4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 5-ounce log goat cheese
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven or grill to 400F.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving the zucchini hollowed out. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on baking sheet.
- Using half of goat cheese, spread a small amount in the bottom of each zucchini. Spoon marinara sauce on top, then dot with remaining goat cheese.
- Grill or bake until goat cheese is soft and marinara is bubbling, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
17. Vegetable-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Portobello mushrooms are great in recipes because they soak up the flavors of other ingredients. Recipe here.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, wiped with a damp paper towel and stalk trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 4 – 6 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- large handful of spinach
- pinch of dried oregano, crushed between your fingers
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese (I use the mozzarella made with 2% milk)
18. Crustless Black Bean Quiche
This quiche recipe is so tasty, you won’t even realize there’s no crust. Recipe here.
Calories 141.7 / Total Fat 8.7g / Saturated Fat 1.4g / Cholesterol 172.5mg / Sodium 402.8mg / Total Carbohydrates 6.7g / Fiber 1.6g / Sugars 0.9g / Protein 10.0g / WW (Old Points) 3 / WW (Points+) 4Serves: Serves 6Ingredients
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ⅔ cup black beans, preferably low-sodium
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 3 oz. pepper Jack cheese, grated
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Salsa, for serving
19. Vegetable and Feta Cheese Omelet
The combination of eggs and feta create a naturally low-carb and protein-packed meal. Recipe here.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- 1/4 hothouse cucumber, peeled and seeded and diced small
- 1 large clove garlic, grated (or finely minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon, dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved + 1 tablespoon of the olive brine
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes + 1 tablespoon of the oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, for topping
- fresh grape tomatoes, for topping
- 1 avocado, sliced, for topping
20. Tofu “Chicken” Nuggets with Sriracha Mayo
You’ll want to start dipping everything into this savory Sriracha mayo. Recipe here.
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained, frozen, and then thawed
- 2 cups double strength chicken-flavored, vegan broth (from bouillon)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
21. Southwest Tofu Scramble
This recipe takes 20 minutes or less, and it’s mega-flavorful. Omit the potatoes to keep the dish totally low-carb. Recipe here.
SOUTHWEST TOFU SCRAMBLEPrep timeCook timeTotal timeSavory, Southwest-inspired tofu scramble for two with lots of veggies and a simple 5-ingredient sauce. Just 10 ingredients, 30 minutes and 1 pan required!Author: Minimalist BakerRecipe type: BreakfastCuisine: Vegan, Gluten FreeServes: 2IngredientsSCRAMBLE
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- Olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, loosely choppedSAUCE
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)FOR SERVING
- Hot Sauce
- Breakfast potatoes, toast, and/or fruitInstructions
- Pat tofu dry and roll in a clean, absorbent towel with something heavy on top, such as a cast iron skillet, for 15 minutes.
- While tofu is draining, prepare sauce by adding dry spices to a small bowl and adding enough water to make a pourable sauce. Set aside.
- Prep veggies and warm a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and the onion and red pepper. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add kale, season with a bit more salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, unwrap tofu and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add sauce, pouring it mostly over the tofu and a little over the veggies. Stir immediately, evenly distributing the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately with the breakfast potatoes, toast or fruit. I like to add more flavor with salsa, hot sauce and/or fresh cilantro. Serves 2.